Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's almost Christmas Time...

and the Spivey household is ready!!! Last Thursday I was inside visiting with a few of my past drill team members. Wade told me he was going to go out and clean up the garage (it is a complete mess due to the fact we are finishing our basement)so that we could park in there when the snow comes. A few hours later when I went to walk the girls out to their car this is what I saw...



and he wasn't even finished!!! I will need to post a pic of the finished project but am going to wait until the neighborhood is all decked out. When Wade put up his set of lights all the neighbors jumped on board and now the neighborhood is starting to look like the "Night Before Christmas" neighborhood in Taylorsville!

Seeing that Wade was excited and spending a lot of time on his lights I decided to do something Christmas-ee too. I wen't to the craft store and bought a few items to make a wreath for the front door. I did this a couple of years ago and thought I would give it a shot again. I must say I am pretty impressed with the results...


Wade still has a hard time believing that I made it because I am not crafty at all, but seeing how impressed him and my mother in law were made it so worth it. And the best part is it cost less than $20 to make...the wreath itself was most of the cost!

2 comments:

cameo said...

The wreath looks awesome! I just may need you to teach me!

Laura Burtis said...

That is so exciting! The wreath is adorable! I tried to convince Michael to put up some of our Christmas decor the other day, but he said we have to wait till after Turkey day :(... I'm just too excited! :)