Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New School Year= New Drill Team


I’ve often said that I feel like the luckiest girl in the world, but I don’t say it without reason. Part of that reason is due to the opportunity I have to coach and teach dance. For the last 4 years I have been coaching the drill team at Rockwell Charter High School. We’ve been UHSAA approved to compete on a High School level for the last two years but this year we are finally where we belong, in 1A division. I am so excited for this year not just because we will be competing, but because I have an AMAZING group of girls on my team this year. I’ve never met so many girls with dedication and such a great work ethic. I have been floored by their growth as individuals and as a team. I can honestly say that they bring me so much happiness and meaning to my life. I love these girls with all of my heart and can’t wait to see them kick butt this year. Below are few pictures from camp (we won the hardest working team award) and team pictures (minus 2 girls). I will post more updates and pictures as the season continues.





No comments: